After spending nearly 30 years in the financial industry (stock market and housing market) this writer found herself laid off and declared legally blind. As a telecommuter, this writer learned the tricks of staying on schedule while working from home. However, once laid off, the challenge was to find new work. Because the financial markets were in a shambles, other opportunities needed exploration.
While searching for potential work-at-home opportunities, several were examined, tested and ultimately, failed. This led to testing outsourcing through online sources of work at home opportunities. Initially, this worked out very well, providing a basis for what is today a rewarding and satisfying full-time writing career.
• Writer’s Background
10 years with Kidder Peabody (Lowell, MA) Sales Assistant
8 years with England Merchants Corporation (Franklin MA) Vice President of Mortgage Compliance
10 years with Putnam Investments (Franklin MA) Offshore Accounting, Retirement Plans
5 years oDesk Freelancer
• Writer’s Education
Dean College 1999 with 3.9 GPA (Financial Accounting)
• Writing passions
This writer enjoys writing about financial matters, legal topics as well as work-at-home issues. She blogs regularly and provides no nonsense reviews of writing sites, work at home opportunities and tips and tricks to make them work for others.
- "Good job. Good content and well written."
- "Thanks so much! This is really good."
- "Good writing!"
- "Pow! Just what the doctor ordered. Well done!"
- "excellent writing and use of links."
- "excellent. thank you for links to credible sites."
- "Excellent job. Thank you for links to other sites."
- "I like that you have included some material that others have not yet mentioned - like the differences between pre-approval and prequal, and what not to do right before buying a home. This is a great entry. Thank you"
- "perfect tonality and educational tone thank you !"
- "Educational and extensive. Great research. I wish it had more info about Louisiana but I enjoy the post."
- "Intro needs to set up the article a little better. Otherwise this is a perfect article!!! Great Job!"
- "Great post, thanks! Could you change the "What is crowdfunding" paragraph to an elaboration of how crowdsourcing helps with project based jobs and how greatly flexible the working environment is for both workers + the companies? And especially, how this encourages entrepreneurship, the lean startup approach and how it is revolutionizing the work space (maybe referencing to eBay etc. who are removing the concept of home offices again)"
- "Very nicely written. Thank you."
- "Good job. Please continue to link to other credible sources."
- "Approved :-) Great article thanks!"
- "Nailed it"
- "I love that you used LA statistics. I love that it puts blame all over the place like the drivers, the conditions and the employers. I enjoy the bullet points. I am not sure what make I could ask for in a post for my practice areas section."
- "Nailed it. Louisiana info, bullets points, what to do, and sections are well divided. Sorry! the new title confused me. No updates needed. Please re-post again"
Posts published: 240