Doreen has been involved in freelance writing for nearly ten years. Her transition from working in the more traditional workplace in various financial positions took a nosedive when she was diagnosed with Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP) which rendered her legally blind. Fortunately, Doreen was determined that this development would not slow her down and she decided that if she could no longer drive to a workplace then she needed to bring the workplace to her. That she did.
Since her early days as a freelancer through oDesk Doreen has worked tirelessly to develop her writing skills and meet the needs of her clients. To date, she has written more than 10,000 articles with very specific niche focuses including:
• Financial – since Doreen had years of experience with home mortgages, mutual fund companies and stock brokers, her focus on financial writing is no surprise.
• Legal – Doreen has always had an affinity for learning about law. Because she was determined to provide the highest possible quality of legal writing, in 2014 she decided to pursue her Paralegal certificate. Since she started freelancing, more than 40 percent of Doreen’s work is related to legal topics.
• Business – being a small business owner herself, Doreen is committed to providing the highest quality business writing for any topic that comes her way from marketing to succession planning.
Doreen is not a “generic” writer; she focuses on these primary categories with the occasional HVAC title thrown in for good measure. When you need high quality, factual writing, Doreen is the person you want to consider writing for you.
Financial background: For more than 10 years Doreen worked at a sales assistant for Kidder Peabody and Dean Witter Reynolds. From there, she began working for New England Merchants Corporation, a Massachusetts mortgage company. While there she worked her way up from a mortgage originator to the Vice President of Mortgage Compliance. When the company decided to close, Doreen took her extensive talents to Putnam Investments where she worked in the Offshore Accounting division as well as the Retirement Plans division.
Doreen holds both a Financial Accounting Certificate from Dean College in Franklin Massachusetts as well as a Paralegal Certificate from George Mason University.
- "Excellent. Well written, excellent links, keywords used."
- "Excellent writing, links, keyword usage."
- "Thank you for outstanding blog, links to credible sites, use of keywords."
- "Good job. Good content and well written."
- "Timely, relevant topic and it covers several of the high points."
- "Thanks so much! This is really good."
- "Good writing!"
- "Pow! Just what the doctor ordered. Well done!"
- "excellent writing and use of links."
- "excellent. thank you for links to credible sites."
- "Excellent job. Thank you for links to other sites."
- "I like that you have included some material that others have not yet mentioned - like the differences between pre-approval and prequal, and what not to do right before buying a home. This is a great entry. Thank you"
- "perfect tonality and educational tone thank you !"
- "Educational and extensive. Great research. I wish it had more info about Louisiana but I enjoy the post."
- "Great post. Educational, interesting and LA related. Thanks!"
- "Intro needs to set up the article a little better. Otherwise this is a perfect article!!! Great Job!"
- "Great post, thanks! Could you change the "What is crowdfunding" paragraph to an elaboration of how crowdsourcing helps with project based jobs and how greatly flexible the working environment is for both workers + the companies? And especially, how this encourages entrepreneurship, the lean startup approach and how it is revolutionizing the work space (maybe referencing to eBay etc. who are removing the concept of home offices again)"
- "Very nicely written. Thank you."
- "Good job. Please continue to link to other credible sources."
- "Approved :-) Great article thanks!"
- "Nailed it"
- "I love that you used LA statistics. I love that it puts blame all over the place like the drivers, the conditions and the employers. I enjoy the bullet points. I am not sure what make I could ask for in a post for my practice areas section."
- "Nailed it. Louisiana info, bullets points, what to do, and sections are well divided. Sorry! the new title confused me. No updates needed. Please re-post again"
Posts published: 253
|Home & Garden||
Posts can fall under more than one category.